How to Solve UCPath Login Error - Updating Business Email (Auth-0510)
There are a few common issues that an employee might encounter while trying to access the UCPath portal.
Here is the decision tree for various login/security issues:
- Can the employee get to the login page? If no, it’s an internet connection issue. Get to the login page before you can be assisted.
- Once the employee can get to the login page, enter Single Sign On (SSO) credentials.
- If employee enters SSO credentials and cannot proceed past this, most likely there is a missing business email in the job record, please see steps below.
- If employee gets an Auth-0510 error, please see steps below.
- If employee gets an Auth-0002/ UCPATH-0002 error, the account may be locked. It’s probably an issue within UCPath. Contact UCPC via an inquiry or phone call.
- If it’s ‘Oops’ issues, that is a Google Chrome issue and can be resolved locally.
- If employee has successfully logged into the system then hits an error somewhere else or is missing something they expect to see:
- Reach out to local security admins. LSAs will research and either adjust security to fix the problem, confirm that it is expected behavior, or escalate the issue to the UCPath Center (located in Riverside). In order to reach your LSA, submit a ticket to our local portal.
Checklist for troubleshooting
- Check prod url
- Reset wifi
- Clear cache and close down all windows of the particular browser
- Try a new browser
- Check proxy settings
- When remote-logout of any VPN clients
- Try to login from another device like phone, tablet, another computer to rule out connection issues with the original device
- Restart your computer (last resort)
Business Email Missing
The employee encountering issues with completing login to access the UCPath portal could be missing a business email from their job record. The Reports To of the employee with access issues is able to lookup the employee record to see if there is a business email (home and campus email are not considered a business email).
- Check your Active Directory/ Business Systems credentials and business email in UCPath. A business email is required in order for an employees login to work. You can contact your hiring department, Reports To (supervisor) and or department security admin to check the business email field located in the 'modify a person' screen.
- When someone is hired as an employee, an employee account is created. This account is different from a student account.
AUTH-0510 Local IDM or Account Setup Issue
Error reads: “An error was encountered with your login credentials. For assistance, please refer to your local contact information below and provide error code AUTH-0510.”
Steps to Take
Should you encounter a login issue with SSO, take the following action for (Business Email):
- Please confirm with the employee Reports To that the username matches what they see in the business email field. Supervisors are able to see the business email for all of their direct reports. A supervisor can go to UCPath, click on any of the Direct Reports. The “Additional Information” Section contains the official email. If the employee does not know the password for the account, have them go to password.ucsd.edu to reset it. If that fails, call the ITS Service Desk for assistance. (Phone number 858-246-4357)
- If the employee's mailbox was not setup or needs to be merged, please have the department reach out to email@example.com to make the request. Note: UCPath does not recommend the merging of accounts, this is a decision that departments should determine.
- If the employee's Reports To does not see a ‘business email’ in UCPath, there are a couple of options to get this data updated:
- Employee can update themselves at: https://act.ucsd.edu/directory. If this option is selected, that information is fed from our local Active Directory here at UCSD through a nightly I-262 file, meaning that the employee should wait a day or two before trying to logon to UCPath again.
- Department can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them update the business email address.
Note: If the employee impacted is an intercampus transfer employee, submit a ticket and the access and security team will work with ITS to resolve intercampus transfer business email issues only.