How to Request an Extended Leave of Absence
Request a Leave of Absence on behalf of employees for the following situations:
- Family and Medical Leave (FML)
- FMLA – Family and Medical Leave Act
- CFRA – California Family Rights Act
- PDLL – Pregnancy Disability Leave Law
- Other Leave of Absence
- Workers Compensation
- Military Leave
Preliminary Action must be taken prior to submitting a Leave of Absence Request in UCPath:
- Ensure all appropriate documents and approvals that are required outside of UCPath system have been completed prior to submitting the absence request in UCPath.
- Prior to submitting an Extended Leave of Absence for Employee, ensure that you have reviewed the employee’s current balances on the Admin – Review Absence Balance page.
- Discussions with the employee regarding their situation, options and benefits impacts have occurred prior to submitting the absence request in UCPath.
Steps to Take
- Navigate to Peoplesoft Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt. > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > UC Customizations > Request Extended Absence
- Search for Employee
- Select the applicable Override checkboxes if needed
- Enter the appropriate data to submit the extended absence request depending on the employee’s situation.
- Enter detailed notes to assist both the approver at UCSD and UCPath to ensure the appropriate updates are made in job data.
- Click the Submit button to create the transaction and send for approval.
- Click OK on the submission confirmation page.
For step-by-step instructions or simulation, go to the UCPath Help site Absence Management section.
To review UCSD detailed Job Aids navigate here: Extended Leave of Absence
If you need additional guidance on policy or specific employee situations please contact the following Campus Central HR resources:
Health Human Resources departments should contact HHR Leaves Team