How to Place a Stop Payment on UCPath Payroll Checks
UC San Diego employees can replace their lost, stolen, damaged, and stale checks.
- UC San Diego Payroll Department can replace checks issued prior to June 01, 2020. For checks issued prior to June 1, 2020 follow the steps in this article, How to Get Checks Issued Prior to UCPath Conversion Re-Issued Post Conversion.
- Checks issued after June 01, 2020 will require a ticket to UCPath for reissuance.
- Processing times for check reissuance with UCPath may take between 1-5 business days, and can vary depending on check circumstance.
- For stop payments on payroll checks issued prior to June 01, 2020 please visit the “How to Get Checks Issued Prior to UCPath Conversion Re-Issued Post Conversion” Knowledge Based Article.
Steps to Take
- Log into UCPath and Submit an Inquiry (ticket) with UCPath to assist with reissuing your check.
- Employee can directly make this request.
- An authorized UC Payroll Administrator may also Submit an Inquiry on behalf of an employee by providing all the details regarding the stop payment.
- Only authorized UC Payroll Administrators can stop payment for UC employee’s earnings.
- UCPath will verify the administrator is an authorized initiator.
- Only an initiator can submit a cased on behalf of another employee.
- If you are not an initiator, you must contact the authorized Payroll office at your UC location.
- Steps to Submit an Inquiry with UCPath:
- Go to Submit An Inquiry page
- Select Topic Payroll
- Select Category Paycheck
- Enter your subject
- Enter your description
- Verify Best Contact Number and Email
- Click Add Attachment, if necessary
- Click Submit
- UCPath will communicate via email linked to the Inquiry ticket created.