How to Place a Stop Payment on UCPath Payroll Checks


UC San Diego employees can replace their lost, stolen, damaged, and stale checks.

Critical Concepts

Steps to Take

  1. Log into UCPath and Submit an Inquiry (ticket) with UCPath to assist with reissuing your check.
    • Employee can directly make this request.
    • An authorized UC Payroll Administrator may also Submit an Inquiry on behalf of an employee by providing all the details regarding the stop payment.
      • Only authorized UC Payroll Administrators can stop payment for UC employee’s earnings.
      • UCPath will verify the administrator is an authorized initiator.
      • Only an initiator can submit a cased on behalf of another employee.
      • If you are not an initiator, you must contact the authorized Payroll office at your UC location.

  2. Steps to Submit an Inquiry with UCPath:
    • Go to Submit An Inquiry page
    • Select Topic Payroll
    • Select Category Paycheck
    • Enter your subject
    • Enter your description
    • Verify Best Contact Number and Email
    • Click Add Attachment, if necessary
    • Click Submit

  3. UCPath will communicate via email linked to the Inquiry ticket created.
If you still have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a ticket.