How to Complete my Bi-weekly Timesheet?
UC San Diego employees who are paid bi-weekly and are hourly positive paid, non-exempt are required to complete timesheets to get paid for their hours worked.
- The deadline to Save and Complete the timesheet is the Saturday at the end of the respective pay period.
- When you click Complete, your supervisor/manager will be notified by email.
- Once your supervisor/manager Approves your timesheet, you will be notified by email.
- If the supervisor/manager makes any edit to your timesheet, you will be notified by email.
- Two previous and two future pay-period timesheets are available for adjustments, if needed.
- All previous pay periods are available for viewing.
- Prepopulated Schedules will only show the Saturday before the most recent future pay period.
- As long as you enter and Save time, you will be paid for that time. The "Paid Summary" displays what you will be paid.
- As an hourly employee, you may enter less than 8 hours of exception, e.g. you may enter 4 hours worked and 4 hours exception.
- As an hourly employee, you do not report ‘leave without pay’.
Steps to Take
Enter Hours in Timesheet via Ecotime
- Go to EcotimeCampus.ucsd.edu
- If Single Sign-On displays, enter Active Directory (your email and password).
- Click Login
- Once you are logged in, please Select Employee Tasks
- Select Timesheet
- Select Period from the drop-down menu (defaults to current pay period)
- Click "go" and the timesheet displays
- In Timesheet Summary, select day of the week, e.g. Wed 2/26, the selection will be highlighted
- Scroll down
- Enter Time In/Out, e.g. Time In: 8:00 A.M. and Time Out: 4:30 P.M.
- The system only records in 15-minute increments.
- If you enter more than 40 hours for the week or qualify for Shift Differential, your Payroll Profile will automatically calculate the OT, Comp Time Premium or Comp Time Straight, or Shift Differential owed to you. It will display on the row in "Paid Summary".
- In Meal Break, select 30, Duration displays 8.0.
- If your meal break is different, select the appropriate one.
- UCSD policy dictates that 30 minutes are unpaid, if you combine your 2-15 minute breaks, for an hour, you should still enter 30 minutes.
- Select Appointment and Pay Code – Hours Worked If you have more than one job, select the Appointment that matches the hours you are entering.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click "Save"
- Repeat steps #5-#12 for every day you worked of the Pay Period.
- When you are done entering your time for the pay period, in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click "Complete", and "OK".
- The complete button affirms that you have worked the hours entered. Your timesheet will now show as completed and will be routed to your supervisor for review and approval.
- Log off.