How to Configure Department Default FAU's
You will need to configure the Department Default FAU (Financial Accounting Unit) when either ONE of the following occur:
1. A new Department is created
2. Correcting the default, suspense, or error fund(s) for an existing Department
Download and complete the Default FAU form here. This form includes the Oracle chartfield labels and is easier to use than the form on the Location Support SharePoint site.
Department Level FAU: The Department Level Funding FAU will be applied to payroll distributions when no funding exists for a given Position/Job at the paysheet (T&A FAU Override) or Funding Entry Position/Position Pool levels.
Suspense FAU: The Suspense FAU will be applied when a Position/Employee's current funding distribution has one or more lines with an expired Funding End Date.
Edit Error FAU: The Edit Error FAU is the funding source used when a combination code (FAU) is determined to be invalid at time of pay confirm by the Pre-GL Batch Validation process (E-708). Any FAUs determined to be invalid at this time will be redirected to the configured Edit Error FAU.
Oracle OFC: Will use Program code chartfield to show type of error.
- FND to indicate the lack of position level funding error – Department FAU Collection tab
- END to indicate expired funding – Suspense FAU Collection tab
- CMB to indicate something was invalid in the accounting string – Edit Error FAU Collection tab
- The same HR department list should be duplicated on each tab (Department default, Suspense, Edit Error) with the only difference being the Program Code for each type of funding error per tab and the account for one of the tabs (the other 2 have the same PeopleSoft account).
- Department FAU Account = 010000, Program = FND
- Suspense FAU Account = 019999, Program = END
- Edit Error FAU Account = 010000, Program = CMB
- Any segment value of zero should be left blank in this template.
- If you choose to use the form from Location Support
- Be aware that the columns do not have the Oracle chartfield labels and that the "REF - Location FAU Mapping 5.14" tab has outdated information for UCSD. A change request to update this information on the form is pending.
- Do not complete the "SETID Default FAU" tab as this is already configured for our location.
- There is one line in the configuration that is a “catchall.” Meaning if there is an HR department that isn’t on the list, then UCPath will use the chartstring associated with the blank HR department. This is the "SETID Default FAU" and is already configured for our location.
Steps to Take
- Determine the chartstring for your Default Project FinU
- See KB0032079 How to Find a Default Project for your Financial Unit (FinUnit)
- Fill out the FAU template
- Download and complete the template linked in the Overview section above.
- See Instructions tab on FAU template
- If this is part of a new department creation, you will also need to fill out a Department Table Request form
- Submit a SNOW ticket to CCP and attach the completed templates:
- Go to https://support.ucsd.edu/path?id=sc_home
- Click on 'Submit a Ticket'
- In the 'I want to...' field, select "Make a request"
- In the 'Subject' field, type in "Create New Dept XXXXXX" or "Update Default FAU Dept XXXXXX"
- In the 'Description' field add additional information or explanation
- In the 'Related To...' field, select "UCPath Configuration"
- Click on 'Add attachments' and add the completed FAU Template (and Department Table Request if creating a New Dept)
- Click 'Submit'