How to Extend an Existing Leave of Absence
This article discusses how to extend an existing approved leave of absence for an employee. The department is extending the Expected Return Date for an employee.
Preliminary Action must be taken prior to extending an existing Leave of Absence in UCPath:
- Review the Expected Job End Date for an employee in the Job Data or Person Org Summary pages in UCPath to ensure that the expected return date for the leave is not beyond the Expected Job End Date.
- Only existing APPROVED requests can be edited.
Steps to Take
- Navigate to Peoplesoft Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt. > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > UC Customizations > Administer Extended Absence
- Search for Employee
- Scroll to the Right of the screen and select the EDIT button.
- Update the Expected Return Date to extend the leave.
- Enter detailed notes to assist both the approver at UCSD and UCPath to ensure the appropriate updates are made in job data.
- Click the Submit button to create the transaction and send for approval.
- Click OK on the submission confirmation page.
- For step-by-step instructions or simulation, go to the UCPath Help site: Extend Existing Leave of Absence
- If the employee is extending into a new leave of absence type such as an employee moving from a Pregnancy Disability to Parental Bonding please view this UCPath Help site: Leave of Absence with New Leave Type
- If you need additional guidance on policy or specific employee situations please contact the following Campus Central HR resources:
- Health Human Resources departments should contact HHR Leaves Team