How to Request an Expedited UCPath Pay Card
UC San Diego employees may have their earnings expedited in the form of a UCPath Pay Card. This option is offered for situations in which an employee needs to be paid within a day because they have not received full payment on their scheduled pay cycle.
- The UCPath Pay Card is a Visa prepaid debit card (it is not a credit card).
- When you sign up, payment outside of your regular pay cycle will be provided to you through a pay card.
- You can initiate transactions through your secret PIN code, signature or through bill pay.
- Like a typical debit card, the purchase amount is deducted from the amount of money available.
- Earnings must be issued for the first time.
- 70% will be disbursed on the pay card with the remaining balance issued between 3-7 business days after the pay card is issued via employee pay set-up (direct deposit or check).
- Pay card may be issued same or next business day.
Steps to Take
- Employee may inquire with supervisor or department requestor about this option. The supervisor or department requestor is the initiator to approve the expedited pay card.
- Supervisor or department requestor will complete the UCSD Expedited Pay Card Form entirely.
- Employee will need to sign and return the completed Pay Card Consent form to the supervisor or department requestor after reviewing the following three informational links:
- Cardholder Agreement
- Fee Schedule
- Supervisor or department requestor submits both the UCSD Expedited Pay Card Form and Pay Card Consent form via a Service Now ticket for the UC San Diego Payroll team to calculate net earnings and review details.
- Once the pay card is ready, the supervisor or department requestor will be notified.
- Employee will need to provide their identification for in-person pick up from UC San Diego Central Payroll Office.