How to View my Accruals in Ecotime and UCPath
Accruals are balances earned by qualifying employees such as vacation, sick, and overtime (comp) hours. UC San Diego employees may view their accruals in UCPath and Ecotime.
UCPath is the system of record. Ecotime may not always have the correct accrual balances displayed. To obtain the correct balances, please log in to UCPath and choose View Leave Balances on the Dashboard. Steps below are available to view this information via Ecotime and UCPath.
- Ecotime shows accruals updated in real time as the time is entered in the timecard.
- Ecotime will update the earned balance once a month toward the end of the month. Employees who are paid bi-weekly will have their accruals calculated after each pay-period; however, it is updated via UCPath once a month.
- Managers and employees are advised to work together to avoid reaching Maximum (Max) Vacation hours, which may inhibit the employee’s ability to accrue Vacation hours.
- Existing UC policy dictates that once the Max Vacation accrual is reached, the employee would stop earning vacation until employee balances fall below the Max Vacation accruals.
Steps to Take
View Accrual Balances via Ecotime:
- Visit Ecotime
- Click on Employee Tasks.
- Click on Balances, to view your accrual balance.
- Your accrual balances will populate under this header:
View Accrual Balances via UCPath:
- Please log in to UCPath
- Log-in (You may choose Active Directory or Business Systems to log-in) Active Directory is your email credentials.
- From the Dashboard, scroll down to the center of the page and select View Leave Balances.
- Review Absence Balance box will appear and display balances.