Overpayments occur when an employee receives more money than they are entitled to.
What happens after an Overpayment Payroll Request has been submitted to UCPC?
- UCPC will process, calculate, and generate the overpayment amount owed back from the employee and the Overpayment Recovery Packet.
- UCPC will send the Overpayment Recovery Packet as an attachment to the location Overpayment Request initiator via UCPC Case.
- The location initiator must share the packet with the employee and ensure the Repayment Agreement is returned to UCPC within 10 business days.
- When UCPC finishes processing the overpayment, the location initiator can review it on the Review Paycheck Summary page; it will appear as an off-cycle check with negative amounts.
- This does not mean the money has been taken from the employee. This is just the system reflection of the overpayment having been processed.
I have a question about my Overpayment, who do I contact?
- For questions regarding the basis of the overpayment, please contact the department HR/Payroll representative who initiated/submitted the Overpayment Payroll Request.
- For questions regarding the Overpayment Packet or repayment options, submit questions directly to UCPath via case on UCPath Online.
I repaid my overpayment, how do I see that it has been received by UCPC?
- If an employee re-pays the overpayment online, they will see a reduced YTD earnings amount on their paycheck; if they have the pay deducted from their paycheck, that deduction will show as a line item in the earnings statement in which it was deducted.
- Note: Employees have the option of paycheck deductions or paying online. If an employee repays online, it is recommended they print the receipt for their records for proof of payment.