How to Update a Knowledge Base Article
Learn how to update your Knowledge Base Articles (KBA’s) through the ServiceNow Agent Portal.
For KBA fundamentals, please read the How to Create a Knowledge Base Article KBA.
Steps to Take
- Log into the ServiceNow Portal.
- In the gray left sidebar, scroll down to Knowledge.
- Select My Knowledge Articles: this will list all articles where you are the author, and displays the Workflow state of each article.
- Quick Tip: You can add this to your Favorites by selecting the star icon.
- You can access your Favorites by selecting the star icon in the gray left sidebar.
- Select the KBA you wish to edit by clicking on the KBA number.
- Make edits to your KBA in the Article body. Take extra precaution not to change the formatting of the article layout.
- To ensure your KBA does not expire, make sure 2100-01-01 is the set Valid to date.
- When you are finished making updates, select the Update button in the top right corner. This will save your changes and refresh the page.
- Review your KBA to make sure the updates you made were captured properly.
- Check your spelling and formatting
- If you included links, check if the links are working
- If you like to other KBA's, be sure you are using the Permalink
- KBA's are constantly being updated. If a KBA undergoes a revision, the link that is copied from your browser's search bar will not capture the most recent version of a KBA.
- The permalink will always include the most updated version of the KBA.
- To copy a KBA's permalink, scroll down to any KBA and select the Copy permalink button.
- Once you are finished reviewing your updates, select the Publish button. Your KBA will now route for approval.