How to Verify Employment for Current and Former UC San Diego Employees
UC San Diego employees may require details about their employment status and history for a variety of reasons that include applying for loans (auto, home, or personal), or for verifying employment for purposes of renting houses or apartments.
- UCPath verifies all employment verification inquiries.
- UC San Diego Payroll Department verifies employment details only for employees that UCPath is unable to verify (employees who separated prior to June 01, 2020).
- The Work Number is an automated process for employment and income verification. It is widely known to mortgage lender, banks, apartment complexes, and others who may need proof of employment or income. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Work Number is managed by the UCPath Center.
Steps to Take
- The Work Number
- Proof of Employment and Income Verification
- Provide the person needing proof of employment and verification with the following information:
- Social Security Number
- UC Employer Code 15975
- If needed, The Work Number Access Options for Verifiers:
- In some instances, you may also need to create a "Salary Key" in order to complete an income verification. If your employment verifier requests a salary key, please follow these steps:
- Log in to The Work Number as an employee.
- Enter the following information:
- UC Employer Code: 15975
- User ID: Your Social Security Number
- Personal PIN: Your birthday (MMDDYYYY).
- Select the "Create a Salary Key" option.
- Provide your verifier the six-digit salary key.
- For step by step details, please visit Need to verify your employment? Here’s how.
If a vendor contacts The Work Number, and the vendor has difficulty finding the employee’s record or believes the information is incorrect or not completely whole, please have the vendor contact UCPath for further verification. The Vendor should email or fax UCPath for this request. The UCPath email - UCPath@universityofcalifornia.edu - is the optimal choice by the UCPath Center. According to them, Fax is okay (855-982-2329), but the fastest path to resolution is e-mail.
Please note: UCPC is only doing verifications when the lender indicates that they already used TWN and they need clarification on data.
- If UCPath is unable to assist, they will notify verifier to contact UC San Diego Payroll Department.
- Current employees can generate an auto-populated employment summary via UCPath by following this menu navigation:
- Employee Actions> Income and Taxes> Verification of Employment> Generate Summary Report