How to Request an Expedited UCPath Pay Card
UC San Diego employees may have their earnings expedited in the form of a UCPath Pay Card. This option is offered for situations in which an employee needs to be paid within a day because they have not received full payment on their scheduled pay cycle.
NOTE: The UCPath Expedited Pay Card should not be confused with the UC (Wage Payment) Pay Card. The UC Pay Card is a wage payment option for employees who do not wish to receive their on-cycle earnings via paper check or direct deposit. For more information on the UC Pay Card please contact the UCPath Center directly, or visit: https://www.ucop.edu/ucpath-center/_files/mypath/pay-card/sign-up-pay-card.pdf
- The UCPath Pay Card is a Visa prepaid debit card (it is not a credit card).
- Requested earnings must be issued for the first time.
- 70% of the estimated net will be disbursed on the pay card with the remaining balance issued 3 -7 business days after the pay card is issued via employee pay set-up (direct deposit or check).
- Pay card may be issued same or next business day.
- Employee must have a valid SSN set up in UCPath to be issued an expedited pay card.
Steps to Take
- Employee may inquire with supervisor or department requestor about this option. The supervisor or department requestor is the initiator to approve the expedited pay card.
- Supervisor or department requestor will complete the UCSD Pay Card Request form entirely.
- Employee will need to sign and return the completed UCPath Pay Card Consent form to the supervisor or department requestor after reviewing the following three informational links:
- Cardholder Agreement
- Fee Schedule
- Supervisor or department requestor submits both the UCSD Pay Card Request form and UCPath Pay Card Consent form via a ServiceNow ticket for the UC San Diego Payroll team to calculate net earnings and review details.
- Once the pay card is ready, the supervisor or department requestor will be notified.
- Employee will need to provide their identification for in-person pick up from UC San Diego Central Payroll Office.