How to Return an Employee from a Leave of Absence
This article discusses how to return an employee from a Leave of Absence.
- It is critical that we return an employee from a Leave of Absence to ensure the employee is paid for work being performed. An employee that remains on a Leave of Absence is not active for payroll. This also prevents any over payments or discrepancies for the employee.
- The Actual Return Date must be on or before the Expected Return Date.
Steps to Take
- Navigate to Peoplesoft Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt. > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > UC Customizations > Administer Extended Absence
- Search for Employee
- Scroll to the Right of the screen and select the EDIT button.
- Update the Actual Return Date with the date the employee returned to work.
Note: if the Actual Return Date is after the Expected Return Date, you must update the Expected Return Date to match the Actual Return Date.
- Enter detailed notes to assist both the approver at UCSD and UCPath to ensure the appropriate updates are made in job data.
- Click the Submit button to create the transaction and send for approval.
- Click OK on the submission confirmation page.
For step-by-step instructions or simulation, go to the UCPath Help site: Return from Leave of Absence
If you need additional guidance on policy or specific employee situations please contact the following Campus Central HR resources:
Health Human Resources departments should contact HHR Leaves Team