Adding Non-Employees to Kuali Research
How to add a non-employee to Kuali Research.
Steps To Take
- The DSA in the sponsoring unit receives the request for creating a sponsored account for a non-employee including first name, last name, email address and request justification, then follows their usual process for setting up a new MyAffiliates:
- DSA Logs into MyAffiliates and checks to see if the non-employee already has an active Affiliate (e.g. AFFXXX) or Business Systems account (e.g. PEDXXX, MEDXXX, PHYXXX, etc.)
- If a MyAffiliate or Business Systems account does not already exist for the non-employee, the DSA creates a new MyAffiliate account
- SSO Account = "Create SSO Acct"
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Click "send temporary password email" option
- Click Submit button
- System creates Business Systems account for user and sends an email with a temporary password to the email address entered above.
- DSA sends an email to ITS Identity Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting that they create a "System 63" key for the new user account.
- Please include the SSO account ID that was created above and/or the user email address.
- Once the UCSD business systems account has been created and the System 63 key, it can take up to 3 days to become active in Kuali.