Label Covid-19 Related Proposals
How to label Covid-19 related proposals in Kuali Research
Proposals can be labeled as In response to Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2 or Impacted by Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2.
In Response to COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2
Definition: Proposals or research agreements in response to a COVID-19 solicitation or any other opportunity to fund COVID-19 related work.
- Responding to a funding opportunity for COVID-19 research (e.g., UCOP Emergency COVID-19 Research Seed Funding Opportunity)
- An amendment to revise an existing scope of work (SOW) to include a COVID-19 clinical population or to refocus the SOW on COVID-19 research related topics
Impact of COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2
Definition: Any change in funding, project dates, SOW, or project status (e.g. withdrawn/terminated) as a direct result of being impacted by COVID-19.
- An NIH Administrative Supplement for funding to cover the additional costs associated with re-initiating a project that was put on pause as a result of COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2
- Request submitted to the sponsor for additional funding for an existing project that was impacted by COVID-19
- Changing the SOW as a result of COVID-19 (new amendments to change the scope of work from in person to online video)
- Early termination (e.g. de-obligation as an agreement type) as a result of COVID-19
- Admin supplement that came out of a COVID-19 related crisis. They are pausing studies, and extending the project
Steps To Take
Inside of a proposal in edit mode:
- Navigate to the Proposal Details section under Basics
- At the bottom of the page, locate the Keywords field click on the search bar
- Depending on which keyword/definition fits best, type in and select either In response to Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2 or Impacted by Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save