How to reset your Business Systems Password
Follow the steps in the following Blink page if you have forgotten your business systems password or if your password no longer works.
- Open the reset my password screen. Reset your password.
- Validate your identity.
Enter all 4 pieces of requested information:
- User ID, which can be either of the following:
- Your full, official UCSD e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your mainframe ID (6-digit code)
- UCSD employee ID number, which can be found by logging in to UCPath
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
- Birth date
Click the Continue button.
- Check your email inbox.
- The information you provided is affiliated with your e-mail address. A temporary password will be sent to you.
- Your DSA will receive an e-mail message that you've reset your own password.
Note: If you receive an e-mail, but you didn't request a new password, contact your Department Security Administrator (DSA) or the ITS Service Desk.
- Log in again
Use the temporary password the next time you sign on.
- This password is valid for only one use. When you sign on, you'll be prompted to create a new, permanent password.
- Choose and confirm a password. Follow the security guidelines on screen. Your password must:
- Be 6 to 8 characters of mixed alphabetic, numeric, @, #, or $.
- Not contain a common word found in a dictionary.
For mor information please visit How to Reset Your Business Systems Password (ucsd.edu)