How to Determine if your Agreement should go to OCGA or OCTA

Funded Agreements


If your Agreement is for an Industry-Authored Clinical Trial, refer to OCTA. Alternatively, any other kind of other Sponsor or PI-authored Clinical Trial Agreement should go to OCGA.


Categories UC PI-Authored Industry-Authored Other Sponsor Authored Clinical Trials 
Responsible Office and Authored Administrative OfficeOffice of Contract and Grant Administration (OCGA)Office of Clinical Trials Administration (OCTA)Office of Contract and Grant Administration (OCGA)


In order to route your Funded Agreement to OCTA or OCGA, create and submit it as a Proposal Development record in Kuali Research (instructions can be found here).


Unfunded Agreements


If you have an Unfunded Agreement that is for or related to an Industry-Initiated Clinical Trial, it belongs with OCTA. Reach out to them at

Any other Unfunded Agreement will need to be processed by OCGA. To submit an Unfunded Agreement to OCGA for processing, create and submit a Kuali Proposal Development Record by following the step-by-step instructions outlined in the Unfunded Agreements Training Guide.