Install TN3270 Software to access the Mainframe on Windows Computer
Follow these steps to install software for TN3270 on your Windows computer. TN3270 is a terminal emulator used for connecting to mainframe applications, such as IFIS, ISIS, and PPS.
- You will need local administrative rights on your device to install TN3270.
- A VPN connection is required for mainframe access.
Steps to Take
- From a UCSD computer or using the VPN, download the Mocha TN3270 (v2.8) file.
- When prompted, Run the .exe file. Use the default installation location.
- Depending on which Windows version you are using, you may have to go to the location you saved the file and double-click the installer from there.
- Click Next and Install as requested.
- Click Finish when prompted.
- Now we can setup and connect to Mocha TN3270:
- Click on Start, then Programs.
- Select Mocha TN3270 to open.
- Click on File then Edit/New Session...
- In the Name field, enter hubble.
- In IBM Mainframe IP Address, enter hubble.ucsd.edu
- In Port number, enter 1023.
- Check mark SSL.
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Click Connect to access the mainframe.
View Mac instructions.