Reset your Business Systems (SSO) Password
Faculty & Staff members can follow these steps to reset the Business Systems / Single-Sign On (SSO) password. You may need to reset your Business Systems password if your account has been locked, you have forgotten the password, or the password is no longer working. In order to reset a business systems password you must validate your identity using personal information and retrieve a temporary password sent to your UCSD email.
Note: If you have received an email with a temporary password but didn't request a new password, contact your Department Security Administrator (DSA)
- If you have never setup a business systems account before, you must register for an account.
- UCSD affiliates (e.g. visiting scholars, volunteers, postdocs) will not be able to reset the password using this tool. Affiliates must contact their Department Security Administrator (DSA) to request a password reset.
- Before beginning, you will need:
- UCSD Employee ID Number
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Access to your UCSD Email
Steps to Take
- Start a Password Reset:
- Navigate to any business systems log in page, for example MyTime.
- Select Reset Password or Forgot your password? under the password field. You can also use this direct link to reset your password.
- Enter User ID, which can be either:
- Your full UCSD Email address (email@example.com).
- If you are a health user, please input firstname.lastname@example.org NOT @health.ucsd.edu.
- Your mainframe ID (6-character RACFID username),
- Click Continue.
- Validate your Identity:
- Enter the following information to validate your identity:
- Employee ID number
- Do not need to enter the leading 0's
- Your employee ID can be found on:
- Your campus / staff ID card (does not display on UCSD Health IDs)
- Campus paycheck stub
- At Your Service Online, under "Earning Statements"
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Date of Birth. Must be in format: mm/dd/yyyy
- Click Continue.
- Confirm Password Reset:
- Check your UCSD email that is tied to your Business Systems account. An email containing a temporary password will be sent to you.
- Your Department Security Administrator (DSA) will also receive an email message that you've reset your own password.
- Set a New Password:
- Use this temporary password to login to business systems, for example MyTime. You will then be prompted to create a new, permanent password.
- Temporary password can only be used once for a password reset.
- On the next screen:
- Enter the temporary password again.
- Enter a New password. Re-enter the new password in the next field to confirm.
- Your new password must follow these rules:
- Minimum of 6 characters, maximum of 8 characters
- Allowable characters - alphabetic, numeric, @, #, and $
- Mix of upper and lower-case letters, numeric, and symbols
- Must not contain a dictionary word
- Must not contain your name or username
- Must be different than previous passwords
- Click Validate.