Start a Zoom Meeting
Follow these steps to start a Zoom meeting from Zoom client or app, Outlook, or your web browser.
Steps to Take
From Zoom Client
- Open the client.
- Choose to either Start without video or Start with video.
- The meeting starts immediately. Here you will have the ability to copy the URL for sharing.
- Open the Outlook calendar.
- Choose Start Instant Meeting.
- The meeting starts immediately, providing the ability to quickly add participants.
- Choose Click to invite participants.
- Choose Default Email.
- An Outlook message opens with the meeting invitation in the body.
- Open Firefox.
- Choose Zoom from the top-right corner.
- You will be prompted to choose Schedule a Meeting or Start a Meeting.
- The Zoom Meetings application will start.
- Open Chrome browser and choose Apps.
- Choose Zoom.
- You will be prompted to Join a meeting or Start a meeting.
- Choose your preferred audio and/or video options.
- Open the app and login with your Active Directory (AD) credentials (this is usually the same as your UCSD email username and password).
- Choose Start or Schedule a Meeting.
- Choose Start a Meeting.
- Zoom instantly opens up a virtual meeting room and presents the Meeting ID.