How to Request a New Travel & Entertainment Card
This article will describe how to apply for a Travel and Entertainment Card.
- To process a request on behalf of another UCSD employee, the employee will need to add you as their delegate.
- Concur will identify the employee payee under one of the below Payment Types:
- Payment to Employee as the user submitting the Expense Report
- The user that the delegate is acting on behalf of
- Log into Concur using your Single Sign-On.
- Click on the Start a Requests module towards the top of the page.
- In the Request Header, in Request Type, select Card & Payment Products Request, this action updates the Card & Payment Products form.
- In Payment Product Type, select UCSD Travel and Entertainment Card.
- For the Request Name, verify the applicant’s name is entered; last name, first name.
- Fill out your Department Chart of Account information: Fund, Financial Unit, Approver, Function.
- In the Business Purpose/Additional Information section, provide the department contact or your assistant's name and if expedited processing is necessary, indicate that in the Comment section.
- Note: Users must not include Personally Identifiable Information such as a home address in the concur request, instead, provide the shipping address by submitting a ticket.
- Select Create Request.
- In the Expected Expenses section, select Add.
- In the pop-up, select New Card.
- In the MC field, enter the Mail Code the card should be sent to and click Save.
- Note: Cards must be sent to a campus address.
- To add any required attachments, including the Travel & Entertainment Cardholder Agreement , select the Attachments button, then select Attach Documents.
- Note: The completed agreement form must be Fully Completed, Signed and must include a Telephone Number.
- To submit the request, select Submit Request and then Accept and Submit.
- The request will be routed to the Financial Unit approver then routed to the Travel & Entertainment Card team for final review.
- On receipt and approval of the application by the Travel & Entertainment Card team, it takes approximately two weeks until the card is received at the campus address.