This article describes how to run the User Roles Report in Oracle. For users that separate or terminate access, please continue to the Oracle and Concur Role Removal Request Form.
- Refer to KB0033684: How to Search for Oracle and Concur Approvers.
- To manage roles for users that transfer departments, please refer to KB0033504: How to Manage Oracle Access for Employees that Transfer Departments.
- To add remove roles, please refer to KB0032241: How to Request Oracle and Concur Roles.
- All employees and affiliates are assigned the default role of IT Self Service User that grants access to the Purchase Requisition module in Oracle.
- Department shoppers will be assigned a Job Grade that distinguishes their Authority:
- Department Shopper 500: DS500
- Department Shopper 2500: DS2500
- Department Shopper 5000: DS5000
- Search for workflow roles (i.e., roles that start with "UCSD WF") by entering criteria specific to the role:
- For example, enter financial unit number and the approval level.
- "1000000 Approver" to see the financial unit approvers for 1000000.
- If the user is inactive in OFC, UCSD IT Self Service User JR will NOT show on the report, but any other roles on their profile will show in the report.
1. Click on the link to go to the Business Analytics Hub (BAH).
2. Search for Campus User Roles and the click the report name or Launch button to open the report.
3. If required, log into Oracle as usual using Company Single Sign-On.
4. View results by entering the following criteria in the fields at top of page, partial terms are supported:
- Full Name: Enter or use the dropdown menu to search for the last name, first name of the user.
- Department: Enter or use the dropdown menu to select the Financial Unit Name, that employee belongs to, not the FinU the department is for.
- Assignment Number: UCPath Employee ID
- Email address: Official UCSD Email address ending with @ucsd.edu, not @health.ucsd.edu or @eng.ucsd.edu alias.
- Purchasing Authority: Enter or use the dropdown menu to search for users with a specific Department Shopper or Central Accountant job grade.
- User Name: Refers to the long-technical OFC user ID.
- Role: Find users with specific roles by Module abbreviation or Financial Unit Number:
- Enter Oracle module abbreviation to view all roles assigned to users in that area: e.g. AP, PO, PPM, GL, etc.
- Or enter Financial Unit Number: e.g. 5000051, to view who has been assigned to the following roles:
- Financial Unit Approver: in the report output, shown as: UCSD WF 5000051 Approver JR
- Department Head: in the report output, shown as: UCSD WF 5000051 Department Head JR
- Special Entertainment Approver: in the report output, shown as: UCSD WF 5000051 Special Entertainment Approver JR
5. For Oracle & Concur role removal requests, it is recommended to use the Full Name, Assignment Number, or Email address fields to pull all roles assigned to the user.
6. When fields are complete, click Apply to generate the results for the report.
7. If you click the Apply button and the report is not displaying data to your screen, then navigate to the upper right corner, click the View Report button (looks like a pdf page), then select Interactive.
8. The Campus User Role Report displays, each user/role combination displays own row in the report along with the data security.
9. To export the report, in upper right, select View Report icon, select Excel (*.xlsx), then click the download icon, to save file.