How To Request an Affiliate ID Card
Campus affiliates can request official UCSD ID cards from the Campus Cards Office.
- The current cost for a new ID card is $25.
- For an Affiliate FIRST ID card, the Campus Cards Office requires a completed Campus Card Request Form.
- For an Affiliates replacement ID card an ID Card Request Form can be filled out.
- For an Affiliate upgrade to a One Card, please see our "One Card Upgrade" KBA.
- ID card costs are subject to change.
- Department budget indexes are no longer used for campus transactions. Instead, department Chart of Accounts information must be provided on the request form. Specifically, we require a Project Number, Task Number, and if applicable, Funding Source Number.
- Project Numbers are usually 7 numbers in length
- Task Numbers are usually 1-3 numbers in length
- Funding Source Numbers are usually 7 numbers in length
- Funding Source Numbers are different from a Fund Number, which is only a 5 digit number.
- Individually fund your ID card using a debit/credit card via our eMarket
Steps to Take For a First ID Card Request
Complete Campus Card Request Form
- An affiliate can complete most of the Campus Card Request Form on their own. Fields that can be completed by the affiliate include:
- First name
- Last name
- Start date
- Affiliate classification
- End date
- Department supervisor or HR representative must authorize the bottom section of the form and provide department payment information.
Contact the Campus Cards Office
- Email the Campus Cards Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an ID card
- Include your completed Campus Card Request Form
- You must include a photo. Our photo criteria include:
- Plain, white background
- Color photo
- Even lighting
- No hats, sunglasses, or masks
- No one else in the photo
- .jpg or .png file type
- Await additional information and instructions from the Campus Cards Office for obtaining the ID card
Steps to Take for a Replacement Affiliate ID Card Request
- Submit an ID Card Request form via ID Card Request Form
- Once the request form is approved you will receive an email notification that your ID card is ready for pickup during our business hours.
If additional information is needed a campus card representative will respond to the request form.