How to make international payments and use educational loans from India (Flywire)
Flywire is a secure and convenient way to make international education payments to UC San Diego. Flywire allows you to pay online with both personal funds and with an Indian educational loan.
With Flywire, you can:
- Make your payment in Indian Rupees (INR) as well as US dollars (USD)
- Payment methods include bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners/Rupay credit card.
- Track the progress of your payment anytime online.
- Receive email and text alerts each step of the way, including when your payment reaches UC San Diego.
Benefits of Flywire
- Flywire offers multilingual customer support.
- Flywire offers customer support via email, phone, and live chat
How to make payments to India with Flywire
- Log into TritonPay and go to Make a Payment
- Review your balance due and select International Payment as your payment method.
- Select India as the country you will be paying from.
- For your International Payment Option, select Flywire.
- Select a payment method from INR options listed in Flywire.
- Fill out the Payer Information section, including Source of Funds and PAN Number
- Complete your payment by following the instructions displayed after you create a payment request
Depending on the payment method, you may be required to meet Tax Collected at Source (TCS) requirements and/or complete the LRS Declaration (also known as A2)*
Using Educational Loans through Flywire
When making payments using an Indian Educational Loan, you’ll follow the same steps outlined above except:
- You’ll choose Domestic Bank Transfer in Indian Rupees (INR) as your payment option
- You’ll enter the loan borrower’s details under the Payer Information section, including the PAN number of the loan borrower and select “Educational Loan” as the Source of Funds
- You’ll need to ask your bank to send the funds under the name of the PAN card holder that you have entered on the payment ID.