1098-T: Incorrect SSN/ITIN

If your SSN/ITIN is incorrect on your 1098-T form, you will need to update this information with the Office of the Registrar. 

To do so, please visit: https://students.ucsd.edu/sponsor/registrar/tax-id-number.html and click on "Request to Update or Change Name or SSN/ITIN." You will need to attach a copy of your Social Security or ITIN Card. 

Once your SSN/ITIN has been updated by the Office of the Registrar, please submit a ticket to let our office know so that we can update your 1098-T.

Please note: We are only able to update the current 1098-T. We are not able to update past 1098-Ts.  

Note: The 1098-T form is solely provided to help you determine your eligibility of the Education Tax Credits. UC San Diego is unable to provide individual income tax advice. If you have specific questions on how the 1098-T form affects your tax responsibility please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or your personal tax advisor regarding your eligibility or the calculation of these tax benefits.

If you still have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a ticket or call our office at 858-246-5900.