1098-T: Updated or Incorrect Name

If your name is incorrect on your 1098-T (or if you have recently changed your name), you will need to update this information with the Office of the Registrar. 

To do so, please visit: https://students.ucsd.edu/sponsor/registrar/tax-id-number.html and click on "Request to Update or Change Name or SSN/ITIN." You will need to provide proof of your new name. A list of approved pieces of identification can be found at the link above. 

Once your name has been updated in our system by the Office of Registrar, please submit a ticket to let us know and we can update your 1098-T.

Please note: We are only able to update the current 1098-T. We cannot update 1098-Ts from previous years.  

Note: The 1098-T form is solely provided to help you determine your eligibility of the Education Tax Credits. UC San Diego is unable to provide individual income tax advice. If you have specific questions on how the 1098-T form affects your tax responsibility please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or your personal tax advisor regarding your eligibility or the calculation of these tax benefits.

If you still have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a ticket