How to Authorize a Payer
In order to access a student's bill and perform transactions on their behalf, the student must initiate the process to authorize any parent/family member/other individual to access their financial record. Once authorized, parents/family members/other individuals can request specific account information, enroll in the Triton Registration Installment Plan on behalf of their student, make payments, and access their own "Authorized Payer" portal.
- Students may authorize up to three payers to view and pay their university bill.
- Students may cancel any authorized payer at any time.
- If anyone other than the student contacts our office to request account information, and they have not been authorized, SFS cannot disclose any information specific to the account in question.
- The "Authorized Payer" portal is different/separate from the Student portal, TritonLink.
Steps to Take
Authorizing a Payer (Instructions for Student):
- Log into TritonLink
- Navigate to "Financial Tools" tab on the top menu bar
- Click on "Billing and Payment"
- On the menu, select "Add an authorized payer"
- Enter authorized payer's first name, last name, and email address
- Click "Save"
- An email will be sent to authorized payer with instructions on how to create their profile
Accessing "Authorized Payer" Portal (Instructions for Authorized Payer):
- Click on the designated link in the email confirmation to set up profile
- Create profile on "E-Bill Authorization" webpage
- Click "Submit"
- Accept all "Terms and Conditions"
- An email is sent confirming authorized payer status
- "Authorized Payer" portal can now be accessed
For more information and for a more detailed breakdown of each step, please visit our "Authorizing a Payer" infographic.