Students can choose to enroll in direct deposit, which means that any refunds processed from their student account would be sent to the bank account of their selection. Direct deposit is the preferred and recommended refund method for all students.
Please note that this direct deposit information only applies to refund payouts from your student account.
- If you are also an employee at UCSD and want to be paid via direct deposit, you must separately enroll in direct deposit via the Payroll Office.
- If you are an international student who will be receiving stipend payments, to enroll in direct deposit, please sign up for both of the following refund methods:
- You can only enroll in direct deposit with a US bank account
- Remember to enter your bank account information (Routing number and bank account number), and not the numbers on your physical debit card
- If you are not sure of your routing number or account number, please contact your bank first to confirm
- Please be sure to verify that the direct deposit bank information is correct before submitting, as the refund could be sent to the wrong account or you could experience additional delays in receiving your refund. If you believe that you entered incorrect account information, please update as soon as possible and then contact our office
- Remember to update your direct deposit account if you:
- Closed the account
- Would like refunds to be sent to a different account
- Unsuccessful direct deposit transfers:
- Most common reasons: the account is invalid, or has been closed
- Funds will be returned to SFS within 5-7 business days from the disbursement date.
- You will be contacted to initiate a new refund.
- If we don't receive a response, a paper check will then be issued to the corresponding current or permanent mailing address.
Steps to Take
- Login to mytritonlink.ucsd.edu
- Click on 'Student Direct Deposit' under 'Financial Tools'
- Enter the account number, routing number, and specify the type of account (savings/checking)