How to Request an Employee/Affiliate ID Card
Existing and new employees and campus affiliates can request official UCSD ID cards from the Campus Cards Office.
- The current cost for a new ID card is $21.
- UPDATE: (2/18/22): There is temporarily no cost for an employee to obtain their first ID card, nor a replacement ID card (i.e. lost, damaged, stolen, name change). This free service will continue until June 30, 2022. However, departments or individual affiliates must still pay the $21.
- The Campus Cards Office requires a completed Campus Card Request Form any time we issue a first or replacement ID card. The only exception to this is when processing a One Card upgrade. For more information about the One Card upgrade, Please see our "One Card Upgrade" KBA.
- UPDATE (2/18/22): The Campus Cards Office temporarily does not require a completed request form for any issuance of an employee ID card. We will require the request form again starting July 1, 2022.
- ID card costs are subject to change.
- Department budget indexes are no longer used for campus transactions. Instead, department Chart of Accounts information must be provided on the request form. Specifically, we require a Project Number, Task Number, and if applicable, Funding Source Number.
Steps to Take
Complete Campus Card Request Form
- Employee or affiliate can complete most of the Campus Card Request Form on their own. Fields that can be completed by the employee or affiliate include:
- First name
- Last name
- Start date
- Employee number (employees only)
- Employee classification (employees only)
- Affiliate classification (affiliates only)
- End date (affiliates only)
- Department supervisor or HR representative must authorize the bottom section of the form and provide department payment information.
- Note: Employees replacing a lost or damaged ID card currently do not need to complete the Campus Card Request Form.
Contact the Campus Cards Office
- Email the Campus Cards Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an ID card
- Include your completed Campus Card Request Form (currently only required for first ID cards)
- If you are a new employee or affiliate, also include a photo. Our photo criteria include:
- Plain, white background
- Color photo
- Even lighting
- No hats, sunglasses, or masks
- No one else in the photo
- .jpg or .png file type
- Await additional information and instructions from the Campus Cards Office for obtaining the ID card