Replace Your Student ID Card
Students can obtain a replacement ID card if their current ID card is lost or no longer works.
- The cost to replace a lost ID card is currently $21.00
- The cost to replace a damaged/no longer working ID card is $21.00
- ID card replacement costs are subject to change
- You do not need to take a new photo if we already have one on file
- Students who live on-campus must visit their college Residential Life office after receiving a new ID card in order to receive access to their dorm/apartment
- Dining Dollars, Triton Cash, and any other money on your account will be available immediately, unless you freeze your account. If you freeze your account, you will need to un-freeze it before you can access your funds.
- UPDATE (2/18/22): There is temporarily no cost for a student to obtain a replacement ID card (i.e. lost, damaged, stolen, name change). This free replacement service will end June 30, 2022.
Steps to Take
The Campus Cards Office is currently open by appointment-only. Please follow these steps to request a new ID card and an appointment at our office:
1. Submit a case via the Services and Support Portal
2. Campus Cards staff will provide you with a link to our online scheduling system.
The Campus Cards Office is not taking photos at our office at this time. If you would like to use a new photo for your new ID card, you can either attach a new photo, which meets all of our photo criteria, to your case, or submit a new photo via our online photo tool.